Department of Health and Ageing
- The DoHA funds the publication of three annual reports on mental health services in Australia:
- The National Mental Health Report (National Mental Health Report).
- The Mental Health Services in Australia (MHSIA).
- The annual report on progress of the COAG Action Plan on Mental Health.
- The DoHA together with the Mental Health Information Strategy Subcommittee (MHISS) are committed to removing the duplication across the reports and improve their timeliness and relevance. They are in the process of developing a restructured National Mental Health Report which will report on mental health reform and respond to the full range of stakeholder needs. The restructured report will report progress and outcomes of the Fourth Plan and continue to report against the key contextual indicators used in previous reports. As outlined in the Fourth Plan the restructured report will also include independent commentaries from invited national stakeholders and other bodies to contribute to the ongoing analysis of mental health reform in Australia.
Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
- FaHCSIA is contributing to the establishment of national reporting through its membership of the Mental Health Information Strategy Subcommittee and Mental Health Standing Committee