There are many aspects of life that influence young people's health. These factors include:
Task - group activity, writing exerciseDivide learners into pairs. Ask them to work through the following questions.
Health and wellbeing:
- Question - How would you define health and wellbeing? (Think holistically when making your definition.)
- Question - Think about some of the factors that influence young people's health. What are some strategies your organisation could employ to encourage young people's health and wellbeing?
- Question - Why do you think young people use alcohol and other drugs? Think about this issue broadly, particularly considering cultural, peer, emotional and psychological health issues.
- Question - Choose a cultural group you are familiar with. What factors influence their drug use? What effects does this have on their health?
- Question - Do you think youth culture influences young people's AOD use? Explain your reasons.
- Question - What are some of the health outcomes for young people who use AOD?