Under the Sixth Agreement, $613 million has been allocated to support community pharmacy programs that are continuing from the Fifth Community Pharmacy Agreement. These programs are listed below;
- Dose Administration Aids
- Staged Supply
- Clinical Interventions
- Home Medicines Reviews
- Residential Medication Management Reviews
- MedsCheck and Diabetes MedsCheck
- Rural Pharmacy Workforce Program
- Rural Pharmacy Maintenance Allowance
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Specific Programs
- Electronic Prescription Fee
This process will ensure community pharmacy programs and services are assessed against the same standards of evidence as for other health professions. It supports a consistent approach to informing investment that delivers the greatest benefit to consumers, and will include existing programs and services, as well as investment in a range of new programs and services delivered through community pharmacy.
For more information on the community pharmacy programs, please visit Community Pharmacy Programs.