The Strategy’s vision is:
"National clinical quality outcomes data are integrated into Australia’s health care information systems and systematically drive patient-centred improvements in the quality and value of health care to achieve better patient outcomes across the national health care system."
It identifies priority actions to:
- improve the collection, monitoring, reporting and actioning of national clinical quality outcomes data in line with the best practice principles outlined in the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care’s (the Commission) Framework for Australian clinical quality registries; and
- maximise efficiency and return on investment through gradually embedding prioritised clinical quality outcomes datasets into Australia’s contemporary health information systems through a nationally coordinated approach.
The Strategy was developed in partnership with the Australian and State/Territory governments, together with the Commission, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare and an Expert Advisory Group.
Consultation for the development of the Strategy included:
- a national public consultation process held in mid-2019, where over 80 generally supportive submissions were received from a wide range of stakeholders including: clinicians; registries; consumers; medical specialist and peak bodies; government and non-government organisations; private providers and insurers; and the medical device/technology industry;
- an online webinar held in June 2019; and
- targeted consultations with key stakeholders.
The Consultation Summary Report outlines the feedback received.
For further information, please email CQRpolicy@health.gov.au
National Clinical Quality Registry and Virtual Registry Strategy 2020-2030 (PDF 1559 KB)
National Clinical Quality Registry and Virtual Registry Strategy 2020-2030 (Word 1351 KB)
Draft National Clinical Quality Registry Strategy Consultation Summary Report (PDF 867 KB)
Draft National Clinical Quality Registry Strategy Consultation Summary Report (Word 518 KB)