Department of Health Annual Report 2016-17
(A) - (B)
|Ordinary annual services1|
|Prior year departmental appropriation||105,209||105,209||-|
|Departmental capital budget3||9,828||9,828||-|
|Receipts retained under PGPA Act - section 74||114,459||114,459||-|
|Receipts retained under PGPA Act - section 74||43,413||-|
|Payments to corporate Commonwealth entities||405,074||405,074|
|Total ordinary annual services||A||9,748,589||9,552,603|
|Prior year departmental appropriation||1,425||-||1,425|
|Prior year administered appropriation||142,087||11,758|
|Administered assets and liabilities||150,537||23,486|
|Payments to corporate Commonwealth entities||10,589||10,589|
|Total other services||B||311,208||51,154|
|Total available annual appropriations and payments||10,059,798||9,603,757|
|Special appropriations limited by criteria/entitlement|
|Aged Care (Accommodation Payments Security) Act 2006||720|
|Aged Care Act 1997||12,948,343|
|Health Insurance Act 1973||22,039,801|
|National Health Act 1953||13,754,186|
|Medical Indemnity Act 2002||61,952|
|Dental Benefits Act 2008||319,304|
|Private Health Insurance Act 2007||5,992,179|
|Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 – s77||576|
|Total special appropriations||C||55,117,061|
|on-appropriation receipts to special accounts||165,545|
|Total special accounts||D||282,255||185,753||96,502|
|Total resourcing and payments8||A+B+C+D||10,342,053||64,906,571|
|Less appropriations drawn from annual or special appropriations above|
|and credit to special accounts||20,948|
|and credit to corporate entities||415,663||415,663|
|Total net resourcing and payments for the Department of Health||9,905,442||64,490,908|
Note: Actual available appropriation represents estimated actual from the 2017-18 Health Portfolio Budget Statements.
- Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2016-17, Appropriation Act (No. 3) 2016-17, Supply Act (No.1) 2016-17. This also includes prior year departmental appropriation and section 74 retained revenue receipts.
- This includes an amount of $577,000 appropriated in 2017-18 Budget relating to 2016-17.
- For accounting purposes this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
- In 2017 administered ordinary annual services appropriations, $135,447,039.00 of the Appropriation Act(No.1) 2016-17 and $25,561,444.40 of the Supply Act (No.1) 2016-17, were permanently quarantined under section 51 of the PGPA Act.
- Appropriation Act (No.2) 2016-17, Supply Act(No.2) 2016-17.
- Does not include ‘Relevant Public Money’ held in Services for Other Entities and Trust Moneys special account (SOETM).
- Appropriation receipts from the Department of Health and special appropriations for 2016-17 included above.
- Total resourcing excludes the actual available appropriation for all Special Appropriations.